Your web-browser is very outdated, and as such, this website may not display properly. Please consider upgrading to a modern, faster and more secure browser. Click here to do so.
Uhm no, let’s talk about why Neville Longbottom is a beautiful character and why I wish more people admired him.
- Neville Longbottom came from an emotionally abusive home; he was constantly made to feel as though he was not only good enough for Gryffindor, but to be called his parents’ son, either. Even Minerva McGonagall noticed this, for she made a statement towards the end of the series that she was going to contact Neville’s grandmother in regards to the things she’d said about her grandson and his Transfiguration grades.
- Neville’s family thought he was a Squib, and there’s plenty of insinuation that his family was embarrassed and almost ashamed of this, given the multiple occasions where they tried to force Neville to show signs of magic (occasions that were extremely risky to his own damn life, thank you very much). It was only discovered that he possessed magical abilities when one of his family members dangled him outside a window.
- Neville was the butt of many jokes; even more so than this, really. For most of the series, so many people failed to take him seriously. It was more than just Draco Malfoy and his gang of Slytherin friends picking on Neville—even members of his own House seemed to turn him into a laughing stock. Harry and Ron joined in on this occasion more than once; particularly in the fourth book when Ron cracked some joke about how no one would ever want to go to the Yule Ball with Neville, and Harry chimed in and laughed.
- As if that wasn’t enough, Neville also had to endure bullying from one of his teachers. This experience was so severely detrimental to the young boy’s character and already low self-confidence that said teacher became his boggart. His greatest fear was a professor who humiliated and embarrassed him multiple times throughout the course of a week.
- Neville literally had to sit through a class explaining Unforgivable Curses without being able to vent to anyone his own age about how much it bothered him because of his own parents.
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM WAS ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE TO SIGN UP FOR DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY. I REPEAT: NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM WAS ONE OF THE FIRST TO SIGN UP FOR DUMBLEDORE’S ARMY. This is huge! You have this kid who everyone thinks is clumsy and ridiculous and who no one really takes seriously willingly offering himself up to a student-led organization dedicated to practicing defensive spells.
- Neville’s parents will probably never remember who he is, and yet he goes to visit them and pockets the wrappers his mother gives him because they’re probably the only gifts he’ll receive from her.
- Neville’s proud to be his parents’ kid and damn it he loves them so much even though they can’t remember who he is. He’s living through all this pain of knowing that his parents are physically there but mentally vacant, and that is heart-breaking.
- Neville was tortured by the same woman who tortured his parents to insanity and mocked him about it the entire time.
- Neville essentially spent his final year at Hogwarts being a bad ass and rallying up a resistance. Who still thinks that Neville’s a simpering lil boy who just forget stuff and is no better than a Squib?? Anyone? WELL THEN LISTEN UP.
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM STOOD IN FRONT OF LORD VOLDEMORT AKA THE DARK LORD AKA THE SCARIEST DARK WIZARD OF ALL TIME AKA THE WIZARD YOU DON’T WANNA FUCK WITH AND TOLD HIM THAT HE WOULD JOIN HIM ONLY WHEN HELL FROZE OVER.
- LITTLE CLUMSY, INTROVERTED NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM SAID THIS TO LORD VOLDEMORT.
- Neville Longbottom also destroyed a Horcrux?? Using the Sword of Gryffindor?? Which only true Gryffindors can do??
- NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM IS AMAZING WHY HAVE WE NOT BUILT STATUES FOR HIM?
- Seriously though Neville blossomed into this beautiful character and I think there should be like a shrine to him in every city idek.
Page 1 of 57